TeleCAD-GIS is a software application for planning, design, analysing, documenting and maintaining telecommunications infrastructure.
TeleCAD-GIS, INOVA's flagship application, has several software modules dealing with various areas of customer-owned outside plant design; OSP right-of-way and route design; OSP space design; underground, direct-buried, and aerial plant design; OSP cabling hardware and OSP grounding, bonding and electrical protection, design, etc. Each software module provides customized tools for specific network topology design, dimensioning, analysis and simulation.
The realization of today's telecommunication networks is a challenging task. Network architectures are constantly changing to meet new requirements for many new and exciting services and applications. As a result of these added new requirements, new types and mixes of traffic profiles are being introduced into these networks. To facilitate these needs, TeleCAD-GIS was developed to aid in the planning, development (design), optimization and traffic prediction, documenting and network maintenance processes. It is designed to handle many types of circuit network systems and features a powerful graphics and analysing capabilities. The software uses well-established, iterative prediction concepts, while implemented network systems were modeled using real data supplied by many regional telecom operators.
TeleCAD-GIS is modular. This makes it affordable for various types of our clients ranging from small design bureaus to large scale multinational companies. Purchase only those modules that are necessary for your specific needs. TeleCAD-GIS comprises following modules:
- Basic module includes: pathway, project management, prepress and general tools module accompanied by various basic functions required to run these and other modules (e.g. drawing tools, layers management, automatic numbering of network elements, reporting tools...).
- Raster module is used for cartographic material processing (calibration and geo-referencing) and work with raster images in general. It includes algorithms (tools) for removal of the distortions that occur during the scanning process of paper documentation or distortions that are consequence of storing conditions.
- Conduit module is used to design, document, analyze and maintain telecommunications conduit network. It supports representation of network elements such as: duct bank, conduit, inner ducts, sheeting ducts manholes etc. Cables and ducts are pulled through larger size ducts using intuitive GUI of manhole butterfly diagram and/or trench cross section diagram. Manhole butterfly diagram is also used to arrange infrastructure elements on the walls of a manhole. Schematic diagram of conduit network enables analysis, filtering and routing.
- Copper module is used to design, document, analyze and maintain network of telecommunications copper cables. It supports representation of network elements such as: exchange, cables, splice points, slack loops, termination points, NIDs, public telephones, utility poles etc. Some of the automated tools included in this module are: network optimization (optimization of: cable capacity, splice case type), splicing tools (manual and automatic splicing), topology analyzer etc.
- Fiber Optics module is used to design, document, analyze and maintain fiber optic telecommunications networks. It supports presentation of network elements such as: distribution frames, splice points, slack loops, fiber optical cables (down to each individual fiber) etc. Fiber optic network can be viewed, analyzed, filtered and edited using automatically generated schematic diagram. Module also implements Intuitive GUI for editing, modeling and splicing node elements (ODF, splice...).
- HFC module includes tools for working with HFC (Hybrid fiber-coaxial) infrastructure.
- OTDR module - using this module results of OTDR (Optical time-domain reflectometer) measurements are processed and location of the outage is displayed on the map. OTDR module can be integrated with RFTS monitoring (Remote Fiber Test System).
- EMI module (Electromagnetic interference calculation) helps calculating of electromagnetic impact of high power lines and railway electric traction facilities on copper cables telecommunications lines.