CADVault for AutoCAD
The program allows users to distribute AutoCAD drawings to their clients, contractors, or even competitors - without fear for their intellectual property to be misused. Each drawing is protected with CADLock application and has three security levels:
- CADLock displays an author and copyright information
Locked files are protected with password or
with pairs of secret and public key
- - CADLock prohibits certain operations on the drawing (restrictions)
CADVault for AutoCAD is a definitive solution for encryption of AutoCAD drawings from unauthorized viewing, modification and further distribution. Since it is a high quality product without competition in its field, it is easy to understand why it has established itself as the de facto standard in the field of protecting the CAD data.
Security levels CADVault for AutoCAD
Each drawing is protected by CADVault for AutoCAD software which has three levels of security:
- CADVault for AutoCAD displays an author and copyright information, records information in the drawings, in the way that it is impossible to be changed. Each time the drawing opens - it will display the company name, contact person, telephone number or e-mail address of the data author.
- Locked files are protected by code: when records are protected AutoCAD files for AutoCAD CADVault transparently encrypts the data using encryption algorithms. Processes of encryption and decryption require password, which can be either a secret code, or a pair of secret and public key. Encrypted (protected) drawing is useless for anyone who does not have a valid key.
- CADVault for AutoCAD prohibits the operation on the drawing (restrictions) for those users who have a valid key, only some of the operations of the loaded file are allowed. Recipients can upload password-protected drawing into AutoCAD, but AutoCAD CADVault disables all the commands and API functions that the author has prohibited during the creation of protected drawings. This feature of CADLock can be used to protect drawings from any modification, printing, plotting or reverse engineering. There are several types of restrictions that can be applied over protected drawings.