What is AreaCAD-GIS?
AreaCAD-GIS Platform is a set of INOVA applications and web services in the field of geospatial informatics.
Whom is it for?
The platform is intended primarily for urban planners, spatial planners and designers in communal infrastructure organizations. In addition to the possibility of efficient space management, which refers to the implementation of applicable laws and regulations in the field of spatial planning, landscaping and urban design, the offered applications meet the standards of efficient servicing of citizens’ needs, which are related to space and land.
In a narrower sense, AreaCAD-GIS supports user needs for ease of use, ie. clearly defined processes of creation, processing, analysis and reporting. The platform operates on a distributed database system. Each department, ie. responsible person, has the ability to independently process and update its inherent parts of the database. AreaCAD-GIS integrates all these segments into one whole, so that the administrator / user always sees the complete database, and other users its parts by certain rights, ie. level of access, but always in the most up-to-date condition. Such an organization prevents redundancy, ie. multiple repetitions or out-of-date digital base-maps or alphanumeric and spatial data.
The system is based on open (OpenGIS) standards for the use of information systems and technologies, in order to enable easy expansion and adaptation to new requirements and needs. The system is characterized by: modular design, flexibility, scalability, secure architecture, and fast and reliable communication.
The proposed GIS software solution enables:
- use of simple viewers
- easy entry, access method, monitoring, review and control of entered digital data by access levels defined in the administrative part of the software
- multi-layered data entry and thematic display
- simple and advanced georeferencing of plans in digital form
- simple manipulation and work with georeferenced objects
- each information can be presented on a map, on any of the provided layers
- storing data to and using data from all standard databases
- simply adding new attribute fields
- simple and modern graphical user interface – workspace
- grouping, sorting, filtering and searching by any graphical or alphanumeric data
- possibility of creating templates for display and printing with graphical attachment (from GlS)
- the possibility of connecting with data from external institutions, easy data entry into the database as well as the data review
The AreaCAD-GIS system applies internationally adopted geo-spatial principles, as well as valid legal regulations in the field of urbanism, with the possibility of constant upgrading. The immediate goals of the implementation of such software platform are the unification, simplification and facilitation of business tasks related to cartography, obtaining data from various sources, and creating appropriate reports.
The platform provides the following functionalities:
- distributed system, with full integration into the existing system,
application of all legal regulations regulating work in the field, and adopted work procedures,
- records and reporting up to the level of analytical consideration of the plot,
- the ability for users to create the necessary reports based on predefined criteria,
the possibility of recording and monitoring other information that the user will need in the future,
- provides responsible persons with instruments of control, compliance with legal regulations and reporting for the needs of competent institutions at all levels,
- uses quality control methods of entered data,
provides relevant information for control purposes and
- it is easy for the staff who use it to learn and work.
Because the AreaCAD-GIS Client / Server operates in a network environment, taking into account data sensitivity, the system administrator has the ability to set up selective database access. Therefore, the programs contain authentication and authorization to access the application and database. The software uses role-based authorization based on a function performed by the user. Authorizations are defined by the IT administrator, i.e. the responsible person of the municipality.